Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Doll

My girl decided to get a new doll.... another "cheap" doll. At first I was very nervous about the idea of me not being the newest doll. What if she likes the new doll better than me? I like being the favorite... and I like that I'm the only doll that isn't an American Girl doll.

Well.. the new doll arrived today so the wait is finally over. Her name is Abby. She says she was given as a birthday gift to a little girl. But the little girl doesn't like dolls! She never even took Abby out of her box! Can you believe that? So she ended up on ebay... which apparently is the place where unwanted dolls go to find a new home. My girl bought Abby and a brand new outfit for only five dollars plus the travel expenses (shipping)! My girl says that Abby was such a great deal that she couldn't pass her up.

It turns out that Abby is really nice and I have nothing to worry about. I now have a new friend that understands what its like to be an "outsider knock off doll". Plus I'm still my girl's favorite (but don't tell Abby).


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessa!

    Wow! That's exciting! I'm so glad your girl got a Springfield Collection doll! My doll mom got an Abby doll too for next year when Susan and Raychel go to live with girls who are less fortunate. But Abby's name will be changed to Jennifer. Is your Abby gonna get a new name? We Springfield dolls are a lot of fun, but we sometimes have hair issues. Don't forget to check our videos on hair care. Welcome Abby!

    Your friend,
    Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sure you and Abby will get along well. She looks like a very nice doll I love her long, thick blonde hair!

    Chris Jeffery

    ReplyDelete